Leonova Natal'ya Alekseevna, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of general biology and biochemistry, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Krupenina Mariya Mikhaylovna, Master’s degree student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia),
Background. Monitoring researches of spatial structure on constant squares allow to observe dynamics of changes of cenoz on the basis of the analysis and also to predict their development.
Materials and methods. Since 1993, monitoring of the floristic composition, population and spatial structures of woody and herbaceous vegetation has been carried out on a constant area of 1 ha.
Results. As a result of monitoring studies over a 25-year period, 3 maps (of approximately 10 years) of the mosaic pattern of vegetation cover were compiled on the territory of the Prisurskaya Dubrava nature monument.
Conclusions. The community has retained its inherent small-scale mosaic. However, there has been a significant increase in the proportion of small canopy breaks associated with the outbreak of a significant number of medium and old growth trees of normal and reduced vitality, which in the past have formed medium and large gap-mosaic.
1. Mirkin B. M., Naumova L. G., Solomeshch A. I. Metodicheskie ukazaniya dlya praktikuma po klassifikatsii rastitel'nosti metodom Braun-Blanke [Instructional lines for practical studies of vegetation classification by the Braun-Blanquet method]. Ufa, 1989, 37 p.
2. Mirkin B. M., Solomeshch A. I., Ishbirdin A. R., Alimbekova L. M. Spisok i diagnosticheskie kriterii vysshikh edinits ekologo-floristicheskoy klassifikatsii rastitel'nosti SSSR [The list and diagnostic criteria of top positions of the ecological floristic classification
of vegetation of the USSR]. Moscow, 1989, 46 p.
3. Vostochnoevropeyskie shirokolistvennye lesa [East-European broad-leaved forests]. Moscow: Nauka, 1994, 364 p.
4. Leonova N. A. Struktura tsenopulyatsiy Ulmus glabra i Ulmus laevis v plakornykh i poymennykh lesakh tsentral'noy Rossii: dis. kand. biol. nauk [The structure of Ulmus glabra and Ulmus laevis coenopopulations in flood-plain forests of central Russia: dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of biological sciences]. Moscow, 1999, 21 p.
5. Leonova N. A. Aktual'nye voprosy botaniki i fiziologii rasteniy: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch. konf., posvyashch. 100-letiyu so dnya rozhd. prof. V. N. Rzhavitina [Topical problems of botany and plant physiology: proceedings of an International scientific and practical conference devoted to the 100th birthday of professor V. N. Rzhavitin]. Saransk: Izd-vo Mordov. un-ta, 2004, pp. 135–137.
6. Leonova N. A. Printsipy i sposoby sokhraneniya bioraznoobraziya: sb. materialov II Vseros. nauch. konf. [Prinicples and methods of biodiversity preservation: proceedings of II All-Russian scientific conference]. Yoshkar-Ola, 2006, pp. 196, 197.